Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Linda Mascarenas '77

Hola Vicki, and VHS Vets, first off I want to say, Kudos Vicki for putting together the Blog. I enjoy reading your ventures and so cool of you to reunite old friends or at least lend a hand in re-connecting them. As well as all the hard work you did with the class reunions, many thanks...

I myself felt the strong urge to reconnect with VHS friends and started my own private search. It wasn’t easy, but with help from above, today I have located so many people I used to know. It’s been a real blessing and I’m ever so happy to rekindle friendships that more recently were only a memory. It’s a lot of work but worth it to know how everyone is doing these days, and sad to know who is no longer here, although still important information. For those of you that don’t know about my website - it similar to Vicki’s Blog, and can be found at: http://www.venicecaliforniavets.com/ we are some of the old school folks that like to get together for mini-reunions, have fun, lend a hand, fundraise, and just keep in touch with each other. Many of us, including myself, would probably have been voted as MOST likely to NOT succeed! However, I am truly amazed at how well we have all done for ourselves. Please feel free to check out my site, meet up for an event, share your 411, request info on someone you recognize and would like to say hello to, or to utilize our business page by posting your service(s) in the Business Section.

Wow! A bio of my 48 years in just a paragraph!? Ok. Well, like a lot of others I wasn’t focused in a positive direction, but I’ll tell you, I was focused on having fun and living like each day as it was my last. A lot of my actions were definitely the wrong choice and unfortunately I had to find that out the hard way, although I must admit the experiences I faced made me street-wise and gave me immeasurable strength! I prefer to leave Politics and Religion alone because I could write novels on those topics, but suffice it to say, I am a very Spiritual lady. I have ridden the rollercoaster of life’s ups and downs. I have had my own businesses, directed my own Non-Profit Organization and also have even been destitute! Today I’m riding high, fulfilled in helping others as I work for Bureau of Workforce Services as an LA COUNTY employee. I’m single and liking it, I have two beautiful children Christy Ann (24), and Mark Anthony (22), and a precious grandson Mannie Michael (5) that I love so and couldn’t imagine life without them! And well, I’m no longer a svelte 116 lbs, but aside from the BBW figure, I’m in great health and overall a happy content woman! Rejoice! If I could change anything about my past the only thing I would change would be to ask more questions and spend more quality time with my beautiful Mother who has made the Spiritual transition. With that note I say farewell, and stay blessed all. Much love, .Linda aka LA LYN

No comments: